We have all experienced those bad days when nothing goes right or we get bad news that seems to consume us and our day. Over the years, I have developed ways to reframe these moments that diminishes their effect on me and my team. Although no amount of reframing will make bad news good, there’s an opportunity for us to be at our best to deal with these bad moments or bad news.
Here are eight ways to overcome a bad day or bad news:
- Don’t react immediately, find some reflection time. ( Prayer never hurts!)
- Remember: It’s never as bad as it seems.
- There’s always something to be thankful for. Make a list.
- Ask, “How can I reframe this for better insights?”
- “I might not be right,” keeps me tentative for decision making.
- Reflect on our Purpose? This always provides energy and grit.
- Feed our positive mindset with curiosity. What can I learn from this?
- Think self-control so we do not spread the fear or anger.
So go ahead. The next time you're having a bad day don’t let it consume you. Try out these solutions. And remember, the power to change things lies with me! What’s your cure for a bad day?